Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Reflection's on How I Met My Husband by Alice Munro

1.) What is your attitude towards Edie, the narrator?
To me, Edie resembles what any 15 year old should embody. She is natural, looks up to other's around her, is easily taken in by lust and curiousity. In a sense she shows more maturity than other characters. In comparison to Alice, Edie actually has the understanding that she can't wait around forever for this man, Chris. Alice, with pity, follows him everywhere hoping that he will change...(which NEVER happens). Edie actually has the maturity to let go of this situation opening herself for new things. Which just happens to be her husband.

6.) Yes, I definetly aggre that there is more to the conclusion that a clever surprise. I believe that it is meant to say life should be taken with an open mind. If Edie had devoted the rest of her life to finding Chris, the door to a wonderful like with the mailman would have never happened. Also, the story could mean that everything happens for a reason. Yes, her relationship with Ms. Peebles will never be the same due to the incident, but that is what led her to find true love!!!! Yea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life comes with different experiences i don't know what you have experience but this is my short testimony, i am happy typing this because i have peace in my marriage again and all thanks to a great man called Dr Ajayi, he is a powerful spell caster that help reconcile the dispute between me and my husband with a love spell, my husband left home and live another woman for 7 months without caring for me and our 4 years daughter, financially i am fine because i am a banker but i need the tender care of a man but my husband is nowhere close, i beg him to come back home several times but nothing work, i even asked his elder brother to help me. I read testimony of a man who described how Dr Ajayi helped him stop his wife from divorcing with love spell so i took his contact and explained my problems to him, he told me what is needed for a love spell and i gave him finance to purchase them in three days time my husband came back home. Contact : Viber / WhatsApp: +2347084887094 or Email : drajayi1990@gmail.com for any problem bothering your heart and he will get them solve for you.

lenka sykorova said...


SOUKROMÉ PENÍZE PRO VAŠE POTŘEBY
Nejsem banka ani finanční společnost, jsem přímý investor, pohybuje se v rozmezí 50 000 až 60 000 000, takže peníze, které nabízím, jsou přímo ode mě, což také závisí na možnostech a rychlosti, s jakou lze potřebné finance zastihnete: lenkasykorova47@gmail.com.