Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Story about my Classical Virtues

My story is about a trip my family and I make every year in to the Sawtooth Mountains. I would like to view it as a place and vacation where I re-establish my own Christian virtues and forgive myself of the sins I have made in my everyday life. We backpack 7 miles into the Sawtooth Mountains to the pristine Imagene Lake leaving behind our cell phones, lap tops, and everything else that cluttuers our lives. All we bring is the essentials which is food, clothers, and shelter. Something about the solitude of only having the essentials to survive and being in a quite and beautiful place like Imagene really helps me remember what trully matters in my life. I forget about my missed calls or if some friend is made at me and see what I should be doing and not doing in my life. One, I need to SLLLLLLOOOOOOOW down! I'm always looking for the next tast or assignment I should be diong. Up there, the days are taken moment by simple moment. Reading a good book by the lake, playing a game on the rock with my family, and fishing, even though I never catch anything. With the only constant noise of a waterfall, it is easy for me to remember a life of grace, trust, gratifude and love for the ones around me. I trully thing that this is a vacation we could all use to remember and implement what classical virtues are important to ourselves.

No comments: