Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My reflection on The Camel and His Friends

For starters this camel has very bad luck with his friends. First his master leaves him to die in the jungle, and second his new friends end up eating him. The moral of this story is to be careful in choosing your friends. Which I think is very wise in a sense, but when put to the camel, he had not other option. He needed the support and protection of the lion, fox, leoperd and crow. He needed these other animals to survive. Which can be compared to humans. Think about moving to a new town; your very lonely and just want SOMEONE to be with or introduce you to new people. The only way to do this is by not being very picky with the people you hang out with. When I came to college I had no friends. But, I starting hanging out with people that I normally would never confide in. However, those people introduced me to the people I am friends with today. I think the stradegy here lies in trust. The camel should not have put his trust and life in the hands of these new friends. He should have waited till he could meet new animals that better suited him or until he created a trustworthy relationship with the animals he met.

No comments: